What is Web Designing?First of all, what is Designing? Well, Design is the process of collecting, organizing and implementing ideas aesthetically under certain principles and guidelines. Similarly, Web Design is a process of website creation which includes a user interface(UI), navigation, fonts, colors, layout, information architecture, site structure, imagery, etc. The combination of these will first meet design principles and goals of the designer as well as website owner to create a website.
To become a Web Designer...An individual must have a bachelor’s degree in Web Designing or can also obtain certification for the same course. Ultimately, the web designer’s aim is to create the web pages. So they must have interpersonal skills, graphic software knowledge like Adobe Photoshop or Dream-weaver, creativity and strong graphic design skills, nice communication skills and also they should be proficient in following things to become a sound designer:
- CGI programming
- PHP, ASP, ColdFusion scripting
And to become a SUCCESSFUL Web Designer...To build your professional repertoire, just having a wonderful grip on design and the right equipment is not enough. So if you are an aspiring web designer, here are some important tips to jot down:
- You must have effective communication skills
- Plan it out nicely, before you design
- Perfectly evaluate your own work and for that you can also try to get feedback from your mentors or close friends
- Always keep yourself updated with the new technologies
- You must have nice business sense and the ability to sell yourself
- Try to gain enough experience and be well-organized
- You need to be a good team player
- Always keep your portfolio fully updated
Say Bye To Mistakes...Every human makes mistakes and designers are human beings. So undoubtedly, Web Designers make plenty of mistakes when designing websites, especially Freshers! And this is because they lack diligence. But, yes mistakes can be avoided with little alertness. Here are some common mistakes such as:
- Try to avoid making crowded pages and keep sufficient white space between different page elements, columns, lines, paragraphs, etc.
- In your websites, it should not be a tough task for the visitors to find new content or any recent updates
- Many a times it becomes hard to find links in between the text elements, so make sure that it should be easily distinguishable. Because they are the most important part of any website.
- Avoid using wrong image formats. For online graphics, your concern must be in JPEG, PNG and GIF image file formats.
- Navigation should be easy to use and to find with the least effort. So make user-friendly pages and help your user to find what exactly they are looking for.
- Do not keep fixed font size. Instead, allow users to resize the fonts based on their own preferences and for that, you need to use EM sizing for fonts instead of pixel-based sizes.
- No matter what page your users land on, your site’s purpose must be very clear to them.
- Use of harsh colors leads to eye strain which does not entertain visitors. Thus, avoid using the things that detracts from the site’s objective.
Ask YourselfWell, before designing any client’s website, you must prepare a questionnaire to get a clear picture in your mind about what a client is actually looking for. Here you go with the list of some frequently asked questions:
- What is your mission behind building the website?
- What are your business goals?
- What is your targeted niche?
- How would you measure the success of your website?
- Tell us if you have any design preferences.
Relationship with ClientsNow, you must be aware of the fact that effective communication, trust and transparency are the key ingredients to build healthy relationship with your valuable Web Design clients. And to get it done right, here are some important tips:
- First impression is the last impression
- Carefully understand your clients’ need and jot down a concrete brief
- For a long-lasting relationship, open communication before signing a contract is very crucial
- Take action accordingly because it’s your client’s website not yours
- Respect your clients, be human and show them you care by updating them about their website’s progress
- Set out a clear strategy of managing the client’s project and never ever miss your deadline
Now its Health Time...Maintain your health and body, which is an important machine you own. Just by clicking the computer’s mouse, do not consider your lifestyle as a healthy one. Because everyone here needs stress-burster and if you fail to overcome stress, then you might end up with loads of unnecessary health issues like anxiety, heart diseases and much more. So change your mindset and save your career. Here are some of the daily health mistakes that might end your Web Design career. If you want to escape from it all, then keep the following points in mind:
- Most of the times, use of computers leads to real headache. So take important measures to beat your headache.
- the smallest back pain might lead you to serious health problems. So make proper use of your office chairs.
- Take great care of your eyes and see go for regular checkups because there is no web design career if you have damaged eyesight.
- With the help of yoga, take a sound sleep just like a small baby.
- You need to be nice to your forearms, which is actually not hard to avoid
"Remember, not to keep your body motionless for hours."