Anyone who has undergone surgery in the hospital or is regularly taking physiotherapy sessions knows that a streamlined patient experience is not always easy to find. However, keeping the patient experience ahead in all medicinal and para-medicinal practices is of utmost importance for the patients’ quick recovery. It is one determinant that will make or break a practice because without catering to excellent patient service, all the smart solutions of your practice are futile.
There is the immense potential of Artificial Intelligence, also referred to as AI, has transformed the face of the patient experience in the healthcare industry. AI is on its way to quickly drive innovation and develop cutting edge solutions to solve some of the most cumbersome patient experiences in the healthcare industry.
How Can You Identify The Best Technological Solutions To Implement In Your Practice?
Implementing smart AI solutions to your practice requires understanding the industry and integrating smart solutions in healthcare practices seamlessly. Often, healthcare practitioners might not have the technology’s adept knowledge to synchronize their industry practices with technological advancements. And that’s where the role of IT consulting services can prove to be useful to healthcare professionals.
- IT consulting firms have the required industry experience and technical expertise to understand the healthcare business and implement pertinent technological solutions.
- The IT consulting firms’ role is to offer their experience healthcare practices to bridge the gap between the industry knowledge and its relevant technological implications.
How Will AI Solutions Affect The Patient Experience?
From what it appears from the outside, implementing AI solutions offers to channelize the hospital operations with its data gathering, inferring and, making predictions. But its advantage lies in its potential to improve treatment outcomes for the patients. Every patient requisites are unique, and not one is similar to the other.
- Gathering patient data, both active and passive data.
- Continuously integrate and upgrade the data with the e-medicinal records.
It will have benefits many folds:
- The patient data will be available in real-time and avoid any possible friction in availing treatment from the medical practice.
- The insights of records will help predict and diagnose the patients’ future condition and plan their prescription with a keen eye for the patient’s condition.
- The updated information will be distributed across all the patient journey entities from the nurse practitioner to the doctors, to clinicians and case managers. Thus, reducing friction and improving the patient experience at the healthcare practice.
Delivering superior care to the patients by taking informed decisions about their unique requirements well in advance is the key to successfully implementing smart solutions to your practice.
Key Factors That Will Impact Patient Experience With AI
Many vital factors are streamlined by intertwining the AI and healthcare providers to implement a software solution that will improve the patient experience. These factors will also determine and improve the top-line growth and bottom-line margins for the healthcare providers.
Let us look at some of them:
- Wait time: Reducing the wait time is imperative to improve customer satisfaction. And with pre-planned appointments based on the staff, doctors, and patient’s availability can streamline and minimize the wait-time for the patients.
- Wait time across service locations: AI enables to minimize the patient’s waiting from across service location on the healthcare practice premise. From the welcome desk to the doctor’s consultation, the pharma, the lab, and finally to the billing sections. The entire patient experience can be streamlined through accurate planning of the time patient’s time at each service location.
- Ease of appointments and check-ins: AI simplifies and speeds up the intimating of the patients’ arrival at the Kiosks, at the welcome desk, or by taking a prior appointment by checking the availability of the doctors. It avoids any hassles for the patient at the time of check-in.
- Priority patients: Understanding the severity of the patient’s condition and giving a priority appointment based on the condition’s urgency becomes crucial in treating them.
- Care time: Patients do not like to be rushed with their appointment time with their concerned doctors. The optimum time is to be given to each patient for the consultation, and the next patient should not be rushed in. Pre-determining the optimum patient consultation time based on their condition determines the wait-time for the next patient.
Right from the check-in to the payments desk, AI is intertwined in the healthcare practices to enhance treatment management and patient diagnosis, thus providing a superlative patient experience at the healthcare practice.
How Will Customer Service Improve With AI?
Integrating AI with healthcare practice has a humongous impact on customer service offerings to the patients. The technological advances offer for an ever-evolving patient experience at the healthcare practice. The active and passive monitoring of the patient’s health through AI integrated systems determines the patient’s condition. To better explain, the patients would not have to call the healthcare practices for their follow up check-ups; instead, the healthcare practices would call the patients for an appointment after monitoring their health condition.
An automated healthcare practice delivers a rich and more personalized patient experience and interaction with the staff members and prioritizes significant interactions depending on the patient’s condition.
Artificial Intelligence remains one such concept that saw exponential growth in a short span. With the help of expert IT consultants, AI holds the power to transform the healthcare industry even further. What was once an alien concept of automating the healthcare system with AI is now quickly adopted by healthcare services. With minimum efforts from the patients, their health can be continuously monitored with the AI. A bevy of automated AI tools has permeated into the healthcare systems and applications for assisted treatment management. Are you a healthcare practice looking to revolutionalize your patient experience? Our expert IT consultants will help analyze your practice and suggest the best-automated solution to improve the patient experience.