What Is Google Lead Form Extension And How Does It Work?
Think about a vacation in Goa, and the first thing we do is look for Things to do in Goa or Best Hotels in Goa. And just as we hit the search button, we have multiple options flashing in front of us.
Now, let’s change our perspective to that of a marketer. We know that multiple options emerge from a single keyword. And it is hard to capture the attention of the user in a short span since the mobile conversion rates are lower than that of the desktop.
So before the user jumps off to the next best alternative, you must seal the deal. To do this, Google’s Lead Form Extension is here at your service.
Google’s Lead Form Extension is a boon for all the PPC specialists out there and the PPC agencies. The mechanism is simple – when a user types in a query, the SERPs show a list of results by matching the keywords. The first couple of results are google ads, and if you wish, your website could also reflect there. Google ads agencies use this PPC service to drive-in traffic on a website. To stay ahead of the competition, you must make use of Google’s new creation, Lead Form Extension. It allows the user to fill in the details of their inquiry on the SERPs itself.
Let’s understand this with the help of an example
In the example, we’ve put in a search query to buy a car. The SERP flashes the ads in the beginning. The first ad has a driving CTA (call-to-action) that later opens into a form, as shown below.
After you click on the “Apply Now” button, a pop-up form opens with all your details pre-filled. The details are pre-filled only if your Gmail account is signed-in. It fetches the information directly from the account and saves you the trouble of having to fill it all over again.
After you hit the “Submit” button, a confirmation page will pop-up with two options. You can either visit their website to find out more about your query or can continue your search. Here is another example of a powerful CTA that’ll drive in traffic.
You must note that you can finish this process while being on the same SERP without having to redirect.
Things You Must Keep In Mind While Generating A Lead Form Extension
We have seen what lead form extension is and how it works on a mobile device. Let’s now look at the tips and tricks that you must keep in mind while generating the lead form.
- Powerful CTA and Text: Basically, lead form generation is a way to increase your conversion rate. So if you have a powerful CTA and text accompanying it, it’ll help you even further.
- Questionnaire: This is the second step after your CTA works. It records the contact information of the user and also other important details regarding the query. Here, you must remember to keep the form short to keep the user interested. Sometimes, large forms fail to make it through the conversion rate criteria.
- Submission Message: After the user has submitted the form, you have the option of displaying a message followed by a CTA that will lead them to your website. Here, you must ensure that the message is concise yet powerful enough to make them hit that CTA!
- Character Limit: When you’re creating the form, you must consider these character limits
Business Name: 30
charactersDescription: 200 Characters
What Happens After The User Submits The Form?
After the user submits the form, the data gets collected in a database. Now you have two options to access that data,
- You download the data in a CSV file by following this path
Google Ads Account –> Ads & Extension –> Extensions –> Download Lead
Keep in mind that the data only remains in Google Ads until 30 days. So you must set a schedule to download the data before it vanishes.
- If you don’t want to download the data, you can use Webhook integration that will connect you to Google Sheet or your CRM platform. In this case, you don’t have to worry about creating a schedule for downloads as it happens automatically.
As a PPC expert, you understand the hard work that goes into generating leads. Auctioning for keywords and setting-up ads is just the tip of the ice-berg. To increase the conversion rate, we must employ a combination of tools. Lead form extension capitalizes on the poor conversion rate of mobile phones, which helps the advertisers in generating more leads.
Google doesn’t allow advertisement of the following content, which assures your users that your form is legit.
- Adult-oriented content
- Lead aggregator
- Gambling content
- Alcohol-related content
- Health-care content
- Political Content
- Misuse of personal information
In addition to the important advantage of generating a strong conversion rate, lead form extension is a way of capturing quality leads and ensuring that your sales escalate. It works on the principle of urgency and actual requirement. If a user is merely browsing through, they will not take the time to fill in the lead form. Only they wish to make a purchase they’ll fill it in.
Get in touch with a PPC consultant today to find out how it can help your business generate leads, improve conversion rate, and escalate your sales.