Magento is one of the popular platforms used for developing enormous types of website. It also enables developing ecommerce websites. With ample features to include, Magento is the easy to use platform for every developer. Besides, it does not require any special skills of knowledge to learn to set up multistore. A step by step guide can help anyone to easily and quickly set up the Magento multistore as desired.
Benefits of Magento Multistore Set Up:
- This is an incredibly powerful platform for e-commerce website development
- The multi store function makes it to be the right choice
- It allows adding many new stores in an effective and easy way
- It enables hosting many stores with different domains, however, sharing the same backend
- It allows taking same domain with various directories
- Allows using sub-domains for unlimited Magento powered shops
- Enables easily managing many stores
- It enables effective search engine optimization
Key Features of Magento Multistore Setup
- Magento cart architecture is best used for multi store site deployment
- Allows multiple websites or stores to be installed in one installation
- Effective site management
- Best customer services
- Catalog browsing
- Perfect site management
- Advanced marketing promotions and tools
- Effective search engine optimization
The multi store functionality of Magento will allow the clients to easily manage numbers of online stores in just single installation. This will reduce the overall efforts for many single websites. Magento offers many added features such as Add to Cart, Full Page Cache, Pricing options and many more, which save your money and time. This enables you to set up the entire site within expected budget range.
What are the different types of URLs with the Magento Multistore?
Some of the types of urls available with Magento multistore are:
A single installation can help hosting more than two sores by sharing the same Magento backend, such as: Store1.xxxx.com, Store2xxxxx.con and more
- This type of installation will allow installing three various stores on the same domain name, but with different directories such as:
- Sitename.com/store1, sitename.com/store2 and more
- Different URL’s, include site1.com, site2.com, site3.com and more
What features you must consider while deciding multistore setup?
- The functionalities of Magento multi store must be taken into core consideration.
- You must remember the feature of Magento setting up number of stores under only one single admin area
- Consider how multiple websites or stores can work in Magento
A Step by Step Guide for Magento Multistore Setup
It is common with ecommerce businesses to require more than one website in multiple languages over the days as the business grows. This thus emphasizes on the need to setup your website with Magento multistore, which will definitely benefit the businesses in great ways.
As said, Magento features numbers of powerful tools and techniques. The multistore feature of Magento is considered to be the effective one with significant values in it. Besides knowing all great things of Magento multistore setup, here follows a guide:
Steps involved in configuring multistore using various domains:
- The foremost thing to do in this step is to create “Categories”. The default root category will be used, as the same catalog will be shared by other sites
- Now got to Catalog > Categories > Manage Categories
- Assign a name to the category and set Active state from General Information Tab
- Now set Anchor Value at Display Setting Tab, selecting “YES”
- On completing categories, now you need to set up the websites
- Now navigate to System > Magento Stores in Magento’s backend > click “Create Website”
- On creating website, now move to creating new store, which is corresponding to website built. Go to System > Magento Stores > Click “Create Store”
- In Website Field, enter website name, for which the store is being newly created and associated with. Enter name in the name field > Select root category, used for new store
- Create store view, interface which users can view on front-end. To do this, Click “Create Store view” in the system > Manage Stores
- Now enter the details such as store, name, code, status
- Now define website in server Go to System >Configuration and Set “Current Configuration Scope” to domain1.com
- Modify secure base and unsecure base URL settings
- Repeat steps in this guide to create more domains
- On configuring all domains, now ensure that the desired domain name points web server
- Now edit .htaccess file in Magento installation, which is stored in document root.
- Now enter the following codes above Rewriteengine On:
- Repeat the process for other two domains and then restart Apache server.